Winterbourne Family History Online... Return to Photographs
|Winterbourne St Michael's School|
The school was first opened around 1813 at Bourne House, Dragon Road, Winterbourne.
In 1868 it moved into the new building on the High St, Winterbourne, shown here.
Since 1970 the school has been situated at Linden Close, Winterbourne.
See more photographs taken in 1947 inside the school...
See more photographs taken in 1947 in the school playground...
See drawings of the school...
Viewed from the South-West. The two-storey section was the Head Teacher's house.
Viewed from the North-West
In this view from the North-West the school gable can just be seen far right.
On the left, is the Wheatsheaf Inn, which still exists.
The cottages between the Inn and the School have all been demolished.
One of the cottages was lived in by William & Emma Jane Hiscox.